Conjunction Junction

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jack Johnson

My favorite singer is Jack Johnson. I have all of his CD's and have attended several of his concerts. Although the type of music he creates is different from many others, it still has many things in common with other musicians and songs I like to listen to.

Jack Johnson's music is often described as "adult alternative" when placed in a genre. This is typical of many other types of music to which I listen. Jack Johnson's music is happy, and places the listener in a good mood. This is one reason that I listen to his music. Secondly, Jack Johnson is socially conscious when he creates music. Even his CD cases are made of paper product, because it is better for the environment that plastic cases. These are two reasons why I like listening to Jack Johnson.

Of all of his music, my favorite song is "Banana Pancakes." This song is upbeat, and puts the listener in a happy state of mind. It also acknowledges the drudgery and trial that everyday life can become. However, this song looks past the negatives and offers a silver lining. For these reasons, "Banana Pancakes" is my favorite song by Jack Johnson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home